Title: Client Service Associate
Type: Fulltime (exempt)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Montcalm is a full-service wealth management firm that invests for planetary benefit. We support our clients in all aspects of their financial life while working to invest capital in positively impactful investments. Montcalm is a certified B Corporation.
What We are Looking For
We are seeking a client service professional to join our team. The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for client services and portfolio management. You will be working in a collaborative team environment, meeting service expectations, ensuring the accuracy of client account administrative activities with the custodian, trading and booking for fixed income and equity portfolios, developing collaborative relationships with clients and advisors, and maintaining client reporting. This role is responsible for creating a compelling client experience and providing a high level of service throughout the client lifecycle.
Who You Are
- You are driven to do meaningful, positively impactful work.
- You have the motivation, professional aspiration and confidence to exceed expectations and a desire to expand your role and responsibilities within the firm.
- You hold confidentiality and discretion in high regard.
- You have meticulous attention to detail, strong client service focus, operational experience, and collaborative nature.
- You are solution-oriented and willing to do “whatever it takes” in order to get the job done.
- You handle change like a pro and are able to adapt and go with the flow in a dynamic work environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, love to collaborate with a team, and truly enjoy providing exceptional client service.
Primary Responsibilities for this Position
- Key member of the team responsible for outstanding client experience.
- Process account paperwork and set up client accounts.
- Be responsible for tracking and executing client money movement.
- Effectively address client inquiries and requests and proactive communication.
- Work extensively with internal reporting system for client account management.
- Work with CIO and impact team to make purchase decisions for corporate and municipal bond portfolios and book fixed income trades.
- Work with CIO and impact team to manage equity portfolios.
- Utilize CRM to record operational activities related to clients and firm contacts.
- Manage client onboarding and new investment accounts using Addepar software.
- Execute firm monthly client fees.
- Work on operational aspects of self directed IRA platform, and donor advised platform.
- Work with team to measure and articulate positive impact.
- Oriented towards having a positive impact on the world and excited about work that leaves people and the planet better off.
- Desire/ability to work in a small, fast moving, innovative company environment.
- Strong client service orientation. Ability to interact with high-net-worth clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Collaborative by nature and willing to strategize with entire team on best practices and ideas for growth.
- Detail-oriented and a stickler for accuracy and timeliness. Project management oriented, organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong sense of operational and compliance risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify financial concepts and explain them to internal and external clients.
- A self-starter, takes initiative. Strong work ethic.
- Desire to analyze and trade in capital markets, specifically fixed income bonds and public equities.
- Highly technologically proficient. This role will require extensive use of MS Office tools, CRM, and performance reporting software (Addepar).
- Common sense is a valued trait. Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others.
- Ability to be discreet and keep confidentiality.
- Experience within a financial services firm.
- Familiarity with brokerage or investment advisory operations.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and custodial platform tools.
- Familiarity with trust accounts and paperwork is a plus.
- Familiarity with alternative investment and direct corporate investment closings.
- Experience in the positively impactful investment community.
- Base salary range starts at $70,000 to $90,000 annually.
- Bonus compensation opportunities are available starting at $10,000 to $20,000 annually, based on performance.
- Montcalm will consider additional compensation based on experience, the ability to hit the ground running, and the ability to add immediate value.
- Montcalm offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k.
- Submit a resume + cover letter describing why you are a fit for this role based on the job description via this link: https://zurl.to/4VG
Montcalm is an equal opportunity employer. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.